Saturday, January 9, 2010

Marakech

We left our hotel at 9:30 and drove to a mosque with lots of graves and then we went to a place formerly owned by a prime minister with five wives and 27 children. I loved all the beautiful ceilings and tiles, but it was ruined by a modern art exhibit. After that we went to another, older mosque, where we looked at the gardens, they were very beautiful. After that, we went for lunch at a restaurant, over looking the older mosque. I had a calzone that was very, very good. Then we had popcorn tasting gelatie! (Pardon my spelling) Then we went to another medina (walled fortress) I didn’t like it as much as the one in Fez, because cars were allowed in. They had some VERY nice lamps and other things. Note to any cat lovers: Emily and I counted a total of 61 cats in the medina today. Then we went to the square, where we saw some snake charmers, so Emily and I got out pictures taken with a non-venomous water snake. It was very cool. After that we went to a famous garden where there was a memorial for the famous fashion designer Yves St. Laurent. Then we went back to our hotel. I feel bad for this donkey!

Josephine

No comments: