Sunday, October 11, 2009

Belgium and racing

So we are now in Belgium and are relaxing with some friends. However we had stayed with a very nice family who lived just outside of Amsterdam. It was nice to spend sometime there. Today I left the family and headed off to a cyclocross race, and boy was that an eye openner, there was a ton of people there as well as a lot of food and beer. The course had a lot of switchbacks or what ever they are called, and a lot of little mounds to ride up or climb up. It was slightly raining and I was hopping for some falls but there were only a few, thankfully and no one was really hurt. Here are a few photos that I took. I also forgot to mention that the fans were really into the race and when the belgium champion went by as well as the world champion. I talked to some dude who I think was part of the cycling association and he was hoppig for a closer race, he beleives that the sport will lose popularity if Albert Nills keeps winning, however saying that he did have a lot of fans cheering him on. I am off to a bike store shortly to buy some funky stuff. Oh yea I went to a huge bike store on Sat and I was in heaven, they had almost every team kit you wanted as well as a ton of other cool stuff that we don´t have at home.
Drats the longer I am on this computer the more I remember and thus have to add more info. The people that we are staying with one of his clients here has a machine to see if you are sitting on your bike properly, if your peddle stoke is good, the machine can do a lot more as well which I won´t bore you with the details, if only I had my bike here...
Bye Bye from Belgium

No comments: