Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Lommel

Hello Friends,

It’s been a great couple of days with Christine, Ben, Brittany and Ashley. They were very hospitable and we had an opportunity to unwind from busy traveling. I was able to help Christine a bit by cleaning the barn (she has 5 horses), making supper and helping with the horses…fun! She was having trouble with her stallion spooking in the forest when he saw people so she got me to run around in the bush and surprise him. It was a great run for me and Geo behaved himself so she was happy that he is finally learning. The highlight of the jog in the woods was that I saw not 1 but 3 Fly Agaric mushrooms! They are the red ones with little white spots on them…a very poisonous mushroom! I can now check that off my list of things I wanted to see before I die. We were all sad to leave today. The girls had a lot of fun playing with Brittany and Ashley and now they are back to boring adults. Our 4 hour drive today will take us to cousin Judith’s in Germany….a new adventure.

No comments: