Monday, September 28, 2009

The City of Light

Hello!
Today we travel to Paris the city of lights. We caught our first glimpse of the Eiffel Tower through the smog not fog smog. We got to our new awesome house where everyone gets their own room except for Mom and Dad of course. Josephine and I had a debate over who should get the awesome red room. I said that the partially awesome green room made me feel like I was in a leaf and that made me feel claustrophobic. I won the debate. We then got our day passes for the expensive train and went into Paris. We walked to the Arc de triumph and looked at it for a bit. We went to go have supper I picked Chinese. It was really good I had Sweet and sour chicken with chicken spring rolls. Then we went to the Eiffel tower and took a couple pictures, we looked for a boat to take us on a cruise. We decided to come here for some water and internet. Then we will go back and get a boat for our tour around the city of lights.
(Makes me think of Ratitioue…XD he he he)
Bye!!!!!!
Emy.

Addition after the boat....the boat trip was really interesting! The oldest bridge in Paris is called the "New Bridge"!!! funny....also the island in the Seine where the first Pariseains lived was called "dwelling surrounded by water". We had fun but I got cold. Mom got this neat picture of the tower when it was lit up.

Emy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,

You are certainly getting your fill of great castles. Don and I went to the two you saw, all very beautiful. I hope you are having fun in Paris. I wish I could remember the name of the place that we had the really amazing salad. Aren't all the street vendors neat. It's a cheap way to buy pictures to frame.

miss you guys

love jen

Anonymous said...

Wow! The picture of the Eiffel Tower is beautiful! It sounds loads of fun and I wish I was there with you Jose!

Paige

Anonymous said...

Hello Emmie, you sure can write some great things. Have you written to your teacher i BET SHE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU. tHE eIFEL TOWER IS AMAZING Especially at night. Where to next, I'm waiting for the next exciting place. Love Oma Boo