Monday, September 7, 2009

The fat one

Today we went to Hampton Court, home of King Henry the 8th (The fat one, as Emily and I call him) The palace was magnificent, I loved the maze and the people in costumes. We couldn't find the horses. (they were supposed to be here on holiday..)We didn't get lost in the maze, luckily.Did you know the king had six wives! 2 were beheaded, 1 died in childbirth, 2 were divorced, and 1 outlived him! I would not like to be married to him!! After, we went to the war museum, (Dad's turn) It was pretty cool, they had lots of weapons. My favorite part was the interactive exhibit of the trenches. It was called "Horrible Histories: Terrible Trenches." based on a book series about the past. They had another trench experience complete with smell. It was disgusting!!!! They also had the bomb that gave people in Japan leukemia and an interactive sub. exhibit. I wanted to go to Ikea for dinner, but it was too far away so we went to a Chinese restaurant, it was very good. I liked the sweet and sour chicken balls the best. Then we went to the train station and saw the most adorable dog, called a Whippet. It's a racing dog like a Grey hound, but smaller. I will enjoy going to be today, I'm almost asleep now!

Josephine

2 comments:

Oma E said...

Hi Josephine, Its great to read your blogs. Hey the school bus went right past your pace and did not stop, and also no school picture. That was sad for me. I miss you all terribly, but am glad your okay and having a very interesting time. We had a great time in Saskatoon, all are in school. Oh and the Bombers lost to Sask. on sunday, tobad, maybe nextime, which is this weekend. Its raining today and sort of gloomy, but tommorrow it is sunshine again. I,m going to get my new glasses today, your Mom should be pleased. Got to go, sooooo-long for now and I hope this works. Love Oma E.

C Rempel said...

Josephine,
Mmmmm chinese food. Sounds good. Better than what they would have eaten in the trenches.
Glad to hear that you're having a good time.