Monday, November 9, 2009

Another unfinshed castle...

This blog post starts a day before the title suggests. I just wanted to comment on the Lippizaner Stallions. They were absolutely spectacular, what with their flying lead changes and hopping on their back legs. They were all stalions, because if one was a mare, all the guys whould pay more attention to her then their work! All the riders where guys too, mabye for the same reason!
Next day, we left Vienna, and drove to a town by Salsburg, where we stopped for lunch and to see the market. I had half a kabab and some fries. Then we drove for two minutes to the boat you had to use to get to the caslte. One had just left, so we had to wait half an hour for the next one!! When we finnaly got to the island the caslte was one ( A lot like Harry Potter!) it was a two kliometers to the actual castle (I'm running out of battery, better make it shorter!!)Then we had about 20 min until our 45 min tour. So, we looked around the gift shop until then. Our tour seemed very short, and King Ludwing II's bed room with the first ever night-light was being renovated!!! He had a hall of mirrors, like Versille, heating, an indoor swimming/bath pool, and a table thatcould be lowered into the servent's quaters. In total, he lived there nine days and had two 8-hour baths!!! After the tour, we drove to Munich and stayed in the same castle. (He planned for 70 rooms, and only 20 were finished, becuase the money ran out!)

Josephine

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed that no one has left a comment on your latest blog entry... so I figured I'd send one just to let you know that though I don't comment often (ever actually - this is the first) i am tracking your trip and checking your blog every day. hope you guys are all well... are you tired of castles yet? Cathy

Anonymous said...

Josephine,I'm impressed that you put out such a well written post under pressure. Maybe you work best under pressure...I sure do (well I think I do...I've never tried it the other way hahaha). I was at that castle also, and you writing about it brings back memories of looking at it through younger eyes. I was astonished that he built all that and only spent 9 days there!